Engineers for a Sustainable World (ESW) is excited to offer the Project Grants Program for the 8th year in a row. These grants support your chapter’s projects which require funding for proper execution. Proposals are accepted on a rolling basis until the end of 2022 (December 31st). Funds may be used anytime during the 2022-2023 year.
Project Grants Cycle: OPEN (August 30, 2022 - December 31, 2022)
ESW Rose Hulman plans to transform their community garden compost bins using small project grant funding.
Project Grants are intended for ESW-led projects that are either in the research and conceptual or design and implementation phase. Collaborative projects with a community partner are encouraged; however, these projects must be led by an ESW Chapter. No subaward grants are allowed.
See Submission Guidelines for details on how to apply.
Click to View: Slides from Project Grants Informational Webinar
New Changes - In order to streamline the Project Grants program, ESW HQ has implemented the following new changes for the 2022 cycle:
- Rolling Cycle: Proposals are now accepted on a rolling basis from August 2022 to December 31, 2023.
- Shorter Turnaround: Proposals are now reviewed within a 4-5 week period from the time of submission.
- K-12 Outreach events and projects are now considered. Conferences or chapter meetings are excluded.
- Project Grants Webinars: Two informational webinars with Q&A will be offered in September and October with a virtual office hours session in November.
- Simpler Application: Proposals are submitted through a Google Form. Choice of filling in a questionnaire or uploading a proposal document.
Your Chapter must be eligible to apply for Project Grants. Eligibility includes the following:
- The Chapter is in Good Standing without outstanding dues.
- The Chapter has an active bank account with their university office or department.
- The Chapter has an active e-board/officers.
- The Project Team is committed to submitting Project Reports on time.
If you have an idea for a project and are seeking funding, please submit your project idea through this form. We will get back to you shortly with some feedback and whether you should submit a full proposal. However, if you think your project is a good fit already, feel free to submit your full proposal using the link in the next section. Submitting your project idea through this form is not a requirement for submitting a full proposal. We value your time and the work you do and want to make sure your idea is a good fit before applying.
Please submit your full proposal using the Google Form linked here. Your proposal will be reviewed within four to six weeks from the time of submission. Funding is based on high financial need and the availability of funding. The maximum award amount is $1,000 (on average $500).
Submissions beyond December 31, 2022 will not be accepted.
Contact Information and Questions
Please contact Sohn Cook at [email protected] (and copy [email protected]) for any questions or additional information.